Since most of us are spending more time at home these days, you are now noticing things around the house that could use some updating and attention. Here are a few quick and easy updates to
make your Family Room feel like a whole new space. And bonus – you do not have to spend a lot of money or time to make it happen!
1. Swapping out throw pillows – The easiest and quickest update is changing out your throw pillows. You can swap them out from another room in your house or purchase new ones. Now is the
time to change up your color scheme!
2. Adding in new throw blankets – Once you’ve swap out your pillows, add in coordinating blankets.
3. Moving around your accessories – Changing your coffee table, bookcase, and or mantel accessories makes a huge impact. No need to purchase anything new, just look around your house and ‘shop’
from your collections. Moving things from room to room makes them feel brand new!
4. Changing up your area rug (if you have one) – Adding a new area rug in your space will make the largest impact and help your room feel updated and refreshed!
5. Refreshing your window treatments – Finishing off your updated space with new window treatments will pull everything together!
It sounds so simple decorating with only two colors; however, it tends to be trickier than you think. Here are four easy design tips when creating a monochromatic room.
1. Mixing your whites – All white is not truly ‘white’. There are many different shades of white, so incorporating a few different hues will visually layer in dimension.
2. Introducing different black materials – By adding in black metals, woods, and accent pieces, this will ground your design and also add a defining separation between the white hues.
3. Introducing another neutral color to soften the overall design – Adding in accents of browns and greens is a perfect way to add interest to your space, yet not take away from a monochromatic
4. Using both black and white colors in a material – Such as throw pillows or window treatments. Finding a material that uses both of the colors is the final touch to pull the entire space